URL Shortener is a service that transforms long and wordy URLs into manageable and more attractive links. Besides the aesthetics, shortened links make the reading experience smoother, particularly on social media platforms.
There’s also click tracking to consider. URL Shortener provides analytics through a centralized dashboard view to show you who has clicked your links. So you may monitor and compare the effectiveness of each link during the marketing campaign. Use it to save time and promote links only in channels that show results.
This guide will give you a short introduction to the EPICA URL Shortener service.
1. To shorten an URL click on the left panel URL Shortener tab.
2. Click on the ADD NEW URL button which is in the upper-right corner of the screen.
3. In the appeared window paste your copied link into the field Page URL and add your Facebook pixel ID (optional). then click on the "NEXT" button.
Note: The page URL space edge must be green, if you see it red the URL could have spaces or special characters like (á,é,í or ó), you can replace by their regular form without a problem.
4. In the next window, you will see an open graph meta_tags. You need to add information below to optimize, control and organized the content which will be displayed after the publication of the URL.
4.1 You can follow the template attachment below the article to add the new meta tags and shorteners, we recommend adding a standard value to optimize the control of these shorteners in EPICA Analytics.
4.2 For default, in the OpenGraph sometimes you will have some meta_tags, don't delete them.
4.3 You can add the number of meta_tags you request.
5. Click on the SHORTEN button, and you'll see a green box with the shortened URL
6. Thereafter your link will be added to the main URL Shortener window. In case of mistake, you may delete or update your link by clicking on the left arrow.
The aggregated statistics around all your URLs are shown on the main screen. You may choose as well as different periods of time and receive deeper analytics.
Besides, you may receive the same analytics for an individual URL. To see that you need to click on the URL.
Note: If you want to see more information about your URLs, you can go to your EPICA Analytics account and see the URL report