Apart of online data EPICA can acquire offline data as well. Offline data is just another data source, there are no differences to online data in terms of all outcomes we can generate from this data: personas, events, widgets, recommendation models, etc.
The only strict requirement is that each record in offline data should have one or several identifiers, like
Consider use cases you data supposed to be used for. For instance, if your goal is to build recommendation model with offline data, as minimum you should provide data on purchase events with SKUs and user information.
- Make an export of data from your database, CRM or CDP to plain file(s) in JSON or CSV format.
- Archive your files(s) with ZIP / GZIP
- Provide these files to EPICA via:
- download link
- your FTP server
- your S3 bucket
- other options can be discussed with your CP
- Make the process repeatable. Good practice it to provide offline data on some schedule (hourly, daily, weekly, etc.)
Best practice for data preparation
Please, follow practice explained here while preparing offline data if applicable: Events, Properties and Traits Names: Best Practices