PREDICTIVE SITE SEARCH
1. How can I personalize the instant search results widget?
You can personalize the colors and text of your instant search widget in the app configuration section and see a preview of your search widget before saving it.
For Colors, click on tab and select in front of each name the color of text and backgrounds.
For text click con translation tab and change the messages to match your personal website style.
2. Can I pin products or categories on top of results?
No, you don’t need it, our Predictive search rates all your products and match them with your user, so they will have always the best experience searching for a product.
3. Are my users having the same result with the same search query?
Most of the time, yes, but when the user is searching more, our predictive search identify users pattern and personalize some of the results for higher accuracy.
4. Can I change products on recommendations?
The recommendation widget works especially for each user needs, so you don’t need to push any product. Just let the system train itself to produce better results.
5. Can I change the design of widgets?
The widgets use Shopify's style sheet for presents its results, however, you can change the number of products to show, the position of the widget, place more than one widget per page and order of each widget only with drag & drop.
Click on Edit button and you can change Text, and position of each widget.
This is how it looks in the home page, but you can name each widget depending on the page you place the widget.
6. Where can I place the recommendation widgets?
You can place your Widgets in In home page, collection pages, product page, search page or cart page.
ANALYTICS & INSIGHTS
7. How do I know what are my users looking for?
You can check all the info on the dashboard you can find relevant information about Predictive search performance and Purchase predictions.
8. What keywords have no results?
In the dashboard, you can find detailed information about your questions. Also, you can download any report to analyze it.
9. Is there any way to see the sales Epica is driving to my business?
We have designed a funnel to help you to understand better the performance of search and widgets and products.
1. How can a merchant include or give the opportunity to high ticket items to appear on recommendation widgets? Is this possible?
Actually is not possible because the main goal of the product is to give users the best prediction based on their behavior, searches, navigation, and clicks.
2. Can I choose to use either Predictive Search OR Smart Product Recommendations?
Yes: you have total control of what turn on or turn off in search or in smart product recommendations. You can do it in the configuration page: Just click on Active button and then Save. Do the same with Smart Product Recommendation widgets
3. Do EPICA widgets show either hidden or out of stock products on its widgets?
No, the hidden or out of stock products won’t show in search either Smart products widgets
4. How long does it take the app installation?
Installing the app takes less than 2 minutes plus a few more minutes to set up or configure it which is a very easy and simple process.
5. Does the Shopify store need an engineer to install the product and or to implement predictive search or Smart Product Recommendations?
No, you don’t need an engineer to configure EPICA’s app on your store. It is a very easy and simple process: you can do it on your own following some simple instructions you will find on our tutorials.
6. If non existing product-keywords are entered on search box: What results does the predictive search show?
Our Artificial Intelligence corrects several problems of search. We present search user hints like “Did you mean this”… for misspellings the user types as well as a misspelling in the product name. Besides that we offer a personalized “not found” message and we always recommend something else.
7. Does your search solution generate search filters?
Not in the instant search widget but some basic filters are provided in the search engine results page (SERP) like price and brand.
8. What is the source of data / keywords of your predictive search?
We use Product names, Product Descriptions, Product Attributes. Also Collections (Categories) and tags
9. Does EPICA use TAGS in Shopify for searching?
Yes, we use it.
10. How does the app look and operates in a mobile environment?
Our app is responsive so it adapts to any device’s screen size.
11. For what type of Shopify “templates/themes” are the widgets and placements designed?
It works with any template and widgets can be placed in custom positions following a few instructions.
12. Do you recommend if it’s better to use Grid or Slider for mobile use cases?
You can use any of them, but for mobile is better to use sliders: it helps you to show more products and save space.
13. How long it takes to re-index?
It is about 15 minutes but you can do it on demand clicking on the update all button