If you have an E-Commerce site, you can get the most out of Epica using the new "Recommender" feature, it is easy to use and fully customizable, with this tool you can activate the data through a "product feed" to make a banner, carousel or single real-time recommendations that draw attention to the users and drive sales on your site.
To activate this feature go to the “Activations” section on Epica platform and click on “Real-time Recommender by EPICA”
In the first panel, you will see the Recommender “Status”, here you can see if everything is working, you can also disable, enable and restart the process.
In the panel below, in Templates, you will see every “Recommender Template” created or if you want to create a new one just click on “+ NEW”.
Here, you can choose:
- Title: We suggest to pick a title that helps to differentiate the recommender, including its type and number of products. Ex. “Homepage Banner / Trending / 6”.
- Status: Indicates if this Recommender is enabled or not.
- Type: Here you can choose between 6 types of recommender:
- Last Viewed: Picks the last products viewed.
- Most Popular: The most viewed or purchased of your products.
- Trending: The most popular products right now.
- New Arrivals: New products in your feed.
- Complementary: Similar products who belongs to the same type or category as the product specified (You need to input the SKU of the product).
- Predictive: Products that the user is likely to buy according to our artificial intelligence algorithms.
- Predictive (Last Categories): Predictive filtered with the categories of the products the user viewed, added or bought.
- Predictive (Last Brands): Predictive filtered with the brands of the products the user viewed, added or bought.
- Number of items: Number of items to be displayed.
- Categories: You can include or exclude feed categories to be shown in the recommender.
If you select a parent category all of the children categories will be selected, the categories included or excluded will be displayed in the list below.
Then, select “Save” to finish your template.
You will see the template is now created, you can edit it using this icon or delete it using this icon .
If you want to implement this recommender on your website, just click the icon.
Copy and paste the first snippet on your site and customize your recommendations wherever you like!